CRAFTING WHEN WE CAN CHALLENGES

Followers

Sunday 12 April 2015

Crafting When We Can Challenges - project based on a song

The challenge over at CWWCC is to create a project on a song.  I knew I wanted a song about friendship but didn't know which one.  The theme tune from Friends was the first to come to mind but then having a look through a list I found the perfect tune for me and my bestie.  I've started to work longer hours and don't get to visit much at all now but I know even if we didn't see each other for months we would still be there for one another.  

Our Sponsor is Amanda from 

Prize: 3 images from the store

We were given a choice of image and I chose Autumn Rose & Arielle Besties.  The image was coloured using my Spectrum Noir Pencils.  I'm still practising with them but I like the way they blend, I just need to work on the colour combos.  The song I chose was Friendship by Cole and Porter.  All the papers were from my stash.  I used a swiss dot embossing folder on the green mat to echo the embossing on the purple paper.

Dedicated to my Bestie Gina.
A-lottle-dottle-dottle-woof-woof-woof, hep-hep-hep
A-chuck-chuck-chuck, a-dig-dig-dig

FRIENDSHIP

If you're ever in a jam, here I am
If you're ever in a mess, S.O.S
If you ever feel so happy you land in jail
I'm your bail


It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blend ship
When other friendships have been forgot
Ours will still be hot
A-lottle-dottle-dottle-dig-dig-dig


And if you're ever down a well, ring my bell
And if you're ever up a tree just phone to me
A-yes-sir-ee
If you ever loose your teeth and you're out to dine, borrow mine


It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blend ship
When other friendships have been forgate
Gate?
Ours will still be great
A-lottle-dottle-dottle-chuck-chuck-chuck


If they ever black your eyes, put me wise
If they ever cook your goose, turn me loose
And if they ever put a bullet through your brain
I'll complain


It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blend ship
When other friendships have been forgit
Ours will still be it
A-lottle-dottle-dottle-hep-hep-hep


If you ever loose your mind, I'll be kind
And if you ever loose your shirt, I'll be hurt
If you're ever in a mill and get sawed in half
I won't laugh 


It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blend ship
When other friendships are up the crick
Ours will still be slick

A-lottle-dottle-dottle-woof-woof-woof, hep-hep-hep
A-chuck-chuck-chuck, a-dig-dig-dig

Good evening friends


Songwriters
PORTER, COLE

CHALLENGES 

Sketch Saturday #356 - Sketch by Niki
Little Miss Muffet 109 - Anything Goes
Stamp and Create - Anything Goes

6 comments:

Robin said...

Fabulous card! Perfect for your friend. Hugs, Robin

Kathy S said...

Great sentiment for a friend, thanks for sharing. Great use if the Sketch Saturday Sketch this week. Good luck on your entry. Take care.

Gina said...

BWAHAhahahahaahaha....thank you friend :D (though I'll release you from the teeth lending bit) XXX

Unknown said...

Lovely idea and great colouring! Fun image for friendship! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act card challenge!
Kamila DT

michele said...

Thank-you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week Poppet, Gorgeous card! hugs x

Dawn said...

I love how the colour blocking really makes the coloured image the hero on this card. Thanks so much for joining the Anything Goes challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps! *Dawn*