CRAFTING WHEN WE CAN CHALLENGES

Followers

Sunday 11 May 2014

Crafting When We Can Challenges 69 - die cut/silhouette/craft robo shapes

For Challenge 69 over at Crafting When We Can Challenges we have a new sponsor, Nicole from


The Winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to the store

Hop over to the Challenge and see the wonderful inspiration from our marvellous DT.

For my card I used one of my favourite craft items, my Craft Robo.  I don't use this equipment enough but I love designing things on the computer to use when I can have it set up again.  It's such a pain to have to keep packing it away.  My OH claimed the space I had for his stuff.  I'm thinking it's time I claimed it back.

I cut out a frame design I designed a while ago.  I had trouble with it because my blade is old and didn't quite go through the card but it was easy enough to just cut the bits that didn't release.  I used card from my stash for the base card and papers from DCWV stack 6 for my designer papers, I embossed the stripey paper and used a ribbon from a chocolate box to cover the join the papers.  I then printed out my image Work Out Cat onto coated card and coloured with my spectrum noir pens and cut an oval with my robo.  I used stickles to add the glittery dots and my cropodile to add the eyelets to the top corner.  The background for the image was made with spectrum noir pens and distressed inks.
close up of embossing

Now you've seen my interpretation of the theme hop over to the Challenge and show us yours.

CHALLENGES

Clear it Out - Your Style & Favourite Product
Craft Robo & Spectrum Noir Pens
2 images, stripey paper, 3 eyelets
Crafty Girls Challenges 17 - Anything Goes

12 comments:

Jacquel said...

Great card Poppet & I like that dp you used....love the die too! Your coloring is fab on those kitties...very nice work Hun!!!

Robin said...

Fabulous card Poppet! I love that die cut and the way you did the two cats was so creative. Wish I had thought of it. Hugs, Robin

Vickie Y said...

Love the way you created "double the fun" with the image! Cute card.

Unknown said...

Wow! Love that die! Great job on the kitties too!
Hugs - Tina - DT sis

Craft Paper said...

Cute! I have that same paw print paper. I like how you printer two images. Your DT sister Nancy

Amy A said...

Poppet, this is so sweet. Love the coloring on the image and how you created a scene with the two of them. :O) I don't know what a Craft Robo is, but the die you created is STUNNING! Love it! Great Idea to emboss the DP too. Love it all!

Hugs,

Amy DT Sis

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the bright colours & the image looks fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is so sweet, what a great card, Thanks for sharing on My Time to Craft this week, Love Hazel (Didos) xx

Jen Leeflang said...

What a fun and cheerful card! Thanks for joining us at Bugaboo's Stella Says Sketch #209. I look forward to your entry for the next challenge.
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Bugaboo DT

Kathy said...

This is adorable. I love the working out cats, too cute. And the frame you've cut for the background is so cool. Beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug!

Unknown said...

What a fun and supercute card this is Poppet, so vivid! Thanks for your lovely comment, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Bridie said...

Fabulously bright and colourful card

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Have a fab day.

Hugs

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts