CRAFTING WHEN WE CAN CHALLENGES

Followers

Friday 22 February 2013

Beccy's Place Challenge #4 - Use a February freebie.

This is the last of Beccy's Birthday Challenges.  I've really enjoyed doing these and they have re-inspired me as I had lost the will to craft.  I chose the Pine Forest because I love the depth this image has.  I re-coloured the image in Craftartist to Green then made 3 mats using Promarkers and Copics as close as I could to the colours in the image to frame the layers.  I then went around each edge with a Sakura calligraphy pen in gold.  I used my Cuttlebug swiss dot embossing folder to make a larger mat (it reminded me of falling snow).  I then made the base layer and coloured it with the mid green tone and then edged it in gold.  Finally stuck this onto the base A5 card.    I then sat and looked at it for a while and decided it needed some embellishments.  I googled "making pinecones using punches" and t pinecone tutorial popped up (to my surprise).  Kittie at Kitties Kraft has made a tutorial for flat pinecones so using this for inspiration I set to with my a ancient Create and Craft punch, a pair of scissors, scattered straw DI and Pinflair glue gel and made my own little pincones.  I then used a gold senitment my MIL brought back for from her holiday (along with a bag of ribbon and tassels she has acquired from chocolate boxes etc) to balance up the card.  Pheww if you made it to here you have alot of patience.  Here is my card and I'm pretty darned pleased with it.


Challenges

Beccy's Place #4 - Use a Febrauary freebie 


4 comments:

Beccy said...

I'm impressed Poppet, what a lot of work you put into this card. I was amazed to read that you made those little pinecones by hand, I had thought they were purchased. I'm also impressed with the edging around your cardstock. Well done, your card looks wonderful!
Cheers,
Beccy

Gina said...

I would love to walk in that pine forest, looks so quiet and peaceful. Fabulous job on the colour matching :D XXX

Janice said...

Brilliant card & hand made pinecones no less - I am impressed! Lovely work indeed. Jx

Virginia said...

Gorgeous pine forest artwork hun, loving the colour matching too! Fab stuff!