CRAFTING WHEN WE CAN CHALLENGES

Followers

Sunday 29 August 2010

Cowgirl Sunday Stamp'en Challenge - BLOG HOP


Welcome to our blog hop if you came here from Peggy's blog - Tricky's Creations you are on the right track if not hop over to the Cowgirl's Sunday Stamp'en Challenge to start.  You will find full details of the hop there.

I don't have a letter on my blog but you will be 
BLUE and EXCLAIMING 
your woe if you don't find this symbol. Leave me a comment and let me know if you found it and you may be in with a chance of some candy. 

I have 4 pots of tiny beads and 10 pins to give to 1 lucky blog hopper. You must complete the hop to be eligible for this prize.
From here you need to hop back to the Cowgirl's Sunday Stamp'en Challenge blog and leave a comment to say you have completed the hop.  Full hop details are on the challenge blog.

For the challenge this week our theme is HANDMADE FLOWERS you can add as many flowers as you like as long as you have made them yourself.  You could win all these fantastic flowery ribbons this weeks as our Sponsor is
+
3 images of your choice from CJ's store Cowgirl Up Designs
+
The Winners Badge to display with pride on your blog

There will also be 3 x TOP 3 cards and these will be awarded  
2 images of their choice from CJ's store Cowgirl Up Designs
+
 The TOP 3 badge to display on their blog.


Here is the project I made for my DT work.  I used paper from my stash and a gorgeous new release from CJ at Cowgirl Up Designs called Lilbit.  I made the flowers by cutting a spiral out of a circle of paper and winding it up from the outside to the inside let it relax and stick it to the piece of card you have left in the middle, which is now on the outside.  (I should have taken a picture of the bottom). I learnt how to make these at a scrapbooking class at Craft Den.  I dabbed stickles onto the roses and the sunflowers on the image.


Here is a close up of the rose
I have used thin organza ribbon (bought from C&C) and threaded it through the holes in the Nellie C die and added 2 bows.  The leaves are from a Woodware punch.  

I had a list of challenges to enter this hanger into but my OH phoned on Friday afternoon and said we were going camping for the weekend so I won't be here to link up on Sunday. (I might see if I can find somewhere to plug my OH's netbook into on Sunday and see if I can get on line).  We are camping on an airfield with water from a stand tap (if we're lucky), toilets in a mobile (if you are near the camping site) otherwise it's the dreaded portaloos (won't EVER go in one of those again) and no electric so early nights all round, which is just as well as people get up at 6am and start playing with their model planes.  Forgot to say its show/competion weekend run by the British Model Flying Association where people show off their model planes and helicopters.  It's a weekend away from home and I don't really mind the hardship as the family is together.  Will let you know how we got on when I get back.

To all those who made it to here 
THANK YOU.

11 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Oh Poppet, love you beautiful door hanger and your rose is gorgeous! Sorry but you did give us a giggle about camping, brought back a cold memory or two, can just hear the drone of the aeroplanes lol! Hope there aren't too many bumps in the ground, besides all that have a fantastic family time, hugsX:)

Addii said...

Great card! Love the image

April said...

I love your flowers....am actually jealous of them....mine never look so good! Glad to be on the Posse with you so you can inspire me some more!!

Lorraine said...

this is so beautiful and that candy is so cute love it,there is something for you on my blog xx

TinaB said...

Stunning!! Love it xx Hugs Tina xx

Vicky said...

Hi Poppet hun this door hanger is gorgeous, arn't they fun to make. I luuurrrrvvveee your flowers. Hope you have a great weekend camping.
Candy look lush especially those pins, very yummy.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

scrappin2babygirls said...

love the flower thanks for sharing

*Ang* said...

Love the door hanger Poppet! Great handmade flowers! Hugs, Ang x

Gina said...

Fabulous Flowers Poppet! Can't wait to hear how your weekend went( a bit blustery for planes I would have thought) :D XXX

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful door hanger! I love the sparkles on your flowers.

Jennifer

Jessica L said...

Ah..the most important part..the exclamation point! Beautiful door hanger. I love that sparkly flower! Wonderful work!