CRAFTING WHEN WE CAN CHALLENGES

Followers

Sunday, 10 October 2010

Cowgirl Sunday Stamp'en Challenge - Girly Girl with pearls + pink, green or purple

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.  Hopefully when this goes out I will be doing some Geocaching, it is their 10th year so on 10/10/10 they want as many people as possible to log a cache to see if they can beat their record of 56,654 people logging a cache in 1 day.  

Anyhoo, onto this weeks challenge at Cowgirl's Sunday Stamp'en Challenge, the theme is Girly Girl with pink, green or purple (or all the colours as I have).  I have aimed my card at a very young Girly Girl, hence the use of the pastel colours.  I have tried to go for a quilted, folksy look but the stitching leaves a lot to be desired.  

The image is a gorgeous butterfly from Cowgirl Up Designs. For the background I cut squares and painted them with some cheap (£2.99) shimmer paints from The Works, I've had them years and they are still going strong.  I then cut the squares diagonally and stuck them onto the square card. The stitching was done with an Inkessential white pen, it was dark and the pen didn't show up straight away so the stitching is atrocious.  The pearls were made with a Viva pearl pen.  The sentiment was made on the computer and put on sticky pads to raise it up.
See what I mean about the shimmer

This is after I added the sentiment and it was dark and no flash

A close up of the gorgeous butterfly with pearly bits
Our sponsor this week is POLLYCRAFT
The winner will receive £10.00 voucher to spend in the Pollycraft Store
+
Winners Badge to display with pride

TOP 3 will receive 1 image of choice from Cowgirl Up Design
+
TOP 3 Badge to display with pride

Hop over to the Challenge blog to join in and press the buttons at the top of the page to see the Posses fabulous work.

CHALLENGES
Create4fun challenge #63 - use a digital stamp on your card or project
Cute Card Thursday #133 - Make your own (I made my own background hope this     counts)
Wild Orchid Challenge #7 - Stitch it up - real or faux

12 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi Poppet hunni this is gorgeous I love all the shimmer eefects & your background is lush. Hope you having a fab weekend hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xx

Lynne said...

This is beautiful! Such gorgeous pastel colours and so much shimmer. I first thought your stitching was sewn, until I had finished reading your post, it looks good to me. Hope you are having a great weekend dispite the weather. Lynne xx

Elaine said...

Such a sweet card Poppet.
Very cute image, and the shimmer is fabulous, love it.
Hope you've had a great weekend.
Love Elaine xx

Bettina said...

I love the shimmer and glimmer. its a perfect girly girl card. I have to try that it looks so fab. hugs bettina.

Stressed Stamper said...

That is one shimmery card there - love it - though yes - a pain to photograph

Leann said...

This is fab hun!
Hope you enjoyed yourself yesterday :)
Hugs x

Mina said...

how gorgeous and glitzy this is Poppet, brilliant colours too
Mina xxx

Crafting Joanne said...

Such a beautiful card Poppet.

Thank you for joining us over at CYDA for our baby challenge.

Hugs

Joanne xx

A.J. said...

This is a beautiful card, love the shimmer. Thank you so much for joining in with our Babies challenge at Craft Your Days Away

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

Tracy said...

wow this is gorgeous, i love the shimmer such a great effect and the colours are so beautiful. Tracy x

Bev said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Challenge this week x

Karen said...

Oh wow! You know, I have never tried shimmmer paints - the furthest I have ventured is glitters & stardust pens! (I know, highly unadventurous!!) ;-)
But after seeing the amazing results on your beautiful butterfly, I'm thinking that this is something else I have to add to my ever growing wish list!!
I love your card hun!xx