CRAFTING WHEN WE CAN CHALLENGES

Followers

Thursday, 26 August 2010

Thomas's Angel

I have made this layout for the following challenges

Dezinaworld Spot Prize Challenge - Wings
Sketch Saturday #117 - Sketch - I've added a title so I hope it still counts
One Stop Craft Challenge #94 - Not a card
Wild Orchid Challenge #4 - Make it sparkle

This is a picture of my daughter in her Thomas the Tank Engine pyjamas.  It was taken a few years ago but when I showed the photo to her she said it was her favourite set of pyjamas.  She was wearing her fluffy, sparkly tiara so I used a pair of wings from a Dezinaworld coIlage sheet and put them behind my photo (which I had just made into a transparent GIF on photoshop, it takes longer than just cutting out the photo but I enjoy messing with computer software).  I used paper from a Papermania 12 x 12 card pad for the plain card and the pink patterned paper behind the photo was from Tinker and Co.  The flowers were made from an EK Success, Woodware and MS punches the small blue centre is a snowflake but I think it will pass as a small flower.  Another CAS LO for me.  I'm off to bed now as I can't keep my eyes open.

14 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Gorgeous layout Poppet, such a cutie too, take careX:)

1CardCreator said...

What a sweet picture, and I love the tiara. The angel wings look great. Awesome layout. ~Diane

Stressed Stamper said...

Love it - though in a few years your daughter will hate it I am sure..Great idea. Hugs Sarah

sundownerin said...

hahahahaha.... what a funny picutre!!! and a cute lo!!! wonderful, makes me smile!!! have a wonderful day!!

Dezinaworld said...

Fantastic my friend, I love the pic isnt she sweet. Love that tiara too ... oh to be a child again :)
Thanks so much for making something for the challenge its much appreciated.Good luck my friend
Hugs June x

Rose Petal said...

Hello Poppet. How beautiful and I love the layout. So pretty with the flowers round the photo. Love it. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

Vicky said...

Hi Poppet hun this is lovely, your daughter looks really pretty. Nice touch with the wings.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Kerry said...

Fab page, she looks very cute and I love the title. Love Kerry xxx

Elaine said...

Absolutely beautiful Poppet.
The layout is fab, your flowers are lovely, but the most gorgeous bit is the photo of your sweet daughter. I love the little wings you've given her.
Love Elaine xx

JLJ Designs said...

Lovely layout! The photo is great. I was wondering about the title and your story explains it.

Jennifer

Davi said...

Wonderful layout and your sweet daughter with the lovely wings is a perfect idea!

Jodi said...

Adorable layout and photo of your daughter!! Those wings are a great idea too!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Karen said...

She's absolutely adorable poppet! Such a cutie!! Love the colours you have used too!

Have left a small gift for you on my blog.xx

Carolina said...

Great Layout. Thank you for joining Alphabet challenge