CRAFTING WHEN WE CAN CHALLENGES

Followers

Sunday 14 September 2014

Challenge 78 - Christmas Come Early

I really didn't want to think about this in September but it really is time to start thinking about it if I need to be ready and after last year when Christmas crept up on me (who knew it was at the end of December - Duh).

For this Challenge we have the fabulous Nicole from


The Winner will received a $10 Gift Certificate

We were given an image and sentiment to use and I got to use the fabulous 
Christopher Holding Logs.  I really enjoyed colouring this image in and for a change I used my Copic markers to colour my image.  I had an idea in mind when I saw the image and decided to make a stepper card and use my Tim Holtz Bigz dies of pine trees for the side steppers.  I've used glitter card throughout but the trees are a self adhesive glitter foam.  The snowflake is a die and the glitter card came from Home Bargains.  I didn't like the way the card mat edge looked so I used ribbon to mask the joins and edges.  For the edge of the white border at the bottom I drew round a Spellbinder die and then cut out with a knife.  The base card came from Craft Den Studio.  I'm really please with how this turned out and someone may get this as a Christmas card this year.


Hop over to the CWWCC and show us your Christmas projects.

CHALLENGES

Sketch Saturday #327 - Sketch by Debra
Clear it out - Fancy Folds & use your dies
4 Crafty Chicks #211 - Fancy Folds
Moving along with the Times - Texture Time (glitter card)
Papertake Weekly - Repeat Repeat (2 trees and repeat pattern on the border?)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Card! nice to see something different.

Craft Paper said...

Great card design. I like all the glitter paper.

Jacquel said...

I LOVE your card Poppet! Christopher is colored to perfection & I really like the glittery accents you added...great work Hun!!!

Robin said...

This is just too adorable! I love the step card and the trees are fabulous! Hugs, Robin

Vickie Y said...

Love your card base! Adorable image and card. Hugs, Vickie

Lynn's Place said...

Fantastic project...thanks for stopping by CIO challenge blog and hope you come and play with us again <((><

Stressed Stamper said...

You too have started yr xmas cards....1 have made 1 so far!!!...Great card
Sarah x

Emily Thubbron said...

Fantastic card. Love the card base and all it's folds. Beautiful colors. Thank you for sharing with us at Clear It Out for our Fancy Folds challenge.

Emily T.
DT Member

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card, wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

Claire Grantham said...

Lovely to see an unusual card base. THanks for joining us at MAWTT this week. Cx MAWTT DT

Lori Turner said...

This is super cute! I love your unique folded design :) Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

Niki Rowland said...

Super cute! I love the trees and the whole style of the card, cute character too. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, Niki xx

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card! Great design and fun scene! Thanks for joining us for Sketch Saturday this week!

Becca Cruger said...

How absolutely adorable! I love standup cards and that little guy is just so cute I could just pinch his cheeks.